I don’t care if it’s spring training, after back-to-back televised games, you can’t go back to radio-only broadcasts. I’m starting to think this whole “spring training” thing is a big tease.
- Without a pure lead-off hitter on the roster, John Farrell will be forced to think outside the box. Evidence shows that Daniel Nava is a name he should strongly consider. (Daniel Nava should hit leadoff in 2014)
- Koji Uehara made his spring training debut on Monday. You’ll never guess how it turned out. Go ahead, guess! (Uehara picks up where he left off)
- With the Brewers and the Pirates grasping at straws at first base, both clubs have reportedly expressed interest in Mike Carp. (Mike Carp trade rumors: Brewers, Pirates scouting Carp)
- This past year was certainly tough on Jerry Remy. After his sons murder accusations forced Remy to leave the booth in 2013, many wondered if he’d return. But the 61 year old wasn’t about to walk away from the Red Sox. (Jerry Remy on D&C: We’re going to do a game the way we always do it and that’s it)
- Since news broke in December, Curt Schilling has remained fairly quiet about his battle with cancer. While the exact type of disease remains unknown, the former MLB pitcher released an update on his condition. (Curt Schilling undergoing radiation, needs more surgery)
- Is the qualifying offer system fair? Draft pick compensation has shied teams away from signing otherwise enticing MLB players. (Revisiting the cost of draft pick compensation)